DATE: October 22. and 23.
TIME: from 10:30am to 4pm
SITE: in Zagreb - elementary school Dr. Ivan Marz in Rackoga street no.4. (Centre of the City)
INFO: firstname.lastname@example.org and +38514640262 (+385981658186).
Concept and Directing/
Direction & Dramaturgy/
Katarina Pejovic, Boris Bakal,
Authors and Performers/
Jelena Lopatić, Emil Matešić, Bojan Navojec, Helena Kalinić,
Nina Violić,Tanja Vrvilo, Zrinka Kušević (Petra Zanki, Ena Schulz, Antonija Stanišić),
Stanko Juzbašić, Mladen Hrvoje Ilić, Boris Beštak, Katarina Pejović, Boris Bakal
Željko Serdarević, Dragan Mileusnić
Milan Žerjav, Tomislav Pavlić
Office Shadow Casters/
Duration of the performance/
depending on the number of journeys taken:
min. 1h 30’, max. 4h. 30’
On Theatre Showcase, Zagreb
September 2nd, 2011. @ 4 pm h, (1h 10')
Mala Scena Zagreb, Medveščak 2
Tickets must be reserved up to August 30
PHONE: (01) 468 3352, 468 3373, 468 3944
FAX: (01) 468 3370
E-mail: email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org
- MAN AFTER HIS DEATH WALKS THE CITY (FREEDOM CONTAINERS)
PROGRAM 7.7. 2011.
CROATIAN WRITERS SOCIETY, Basaričekova 24 - talks
- About contemporay impact of Krleža's theatre works and overlook on recent productions in Westren Balkans; Invited speakers: Velimir Visković (moderator), Boris Bakal, Snježana Banović, Branko Brezovec, Tomislav Brlek, Dubravka Crnojević-Carić, Nadežda Čačinović, Lada Cale Feldman, Stanko Juzbašić, Nataša Govedić, Bruno Kragić, Igor Mandić, Predrag Matvejević, Zef Mirdita, Kresimir Nemec, Boris Senker, Gordana Vnuk, Vjeran Zuppa (Croatia), Jovan Ćirilov, Zoran Janjić, Borka Pavićević, Branimir Stojanović, (Serbia), Qerim Ondozi, Shkëlzen Maliqi (Kosovo).
- “Trip/Edge/Agram/In/Reason/On” - video projection of train talks/ performance between Jovan Ćirilov, Borka Pavićević, Branimir Stojanović, Zoran Janjić and Qerim Ondozij which have happened the same day in the train fromto Zagreb - concieved and suggested by Shadow Casters.
18.00 – 22.30
Cinema “TUŠKANAC”, Tuškanac 1 – Movie program
Krleža on movies, in collaboration with Croatian Film Association, Serbian National TV Archive an Croatian Cinemateque -presented by Bruno Kragić and Tomislav Šakić:
- @ 6 pm: “Road to Heaven” from 1970. Fiction movie directed by Mario Fanelli as the only movie for whish Krleža himslef wrote a screen text; produced by Jadran Film, 103' (Main roles: Antun Nalis, Boris Buzančić, Branka Strmac, Ljuba Tadić, Relja Basić, Jovan Ličina, Josip Marotti and others)
- @ 8 pm: “On the Edge of Reason” from 1981. TV version of Krleza's novel directed by Slavoljub Stefanović-Ravasi, produced by TV Beograd, 125' (Main roles: Ljuba Tadić, Olga Spridonović, Nikola Simić, Stole Aranđelović, Miša Janketić, Branka Petrić, Miloš Žutić and others)
20.00 – 22.00
KRLEŽINA REZIDENCY/MUSEUM OF BELA & MIROSLAV KRLEZA, Krležin Gvozd 23 –
- “KRLEŽA - PARAFERNALIAE I” - presentation of project by Shadow Casters - cronology of Krleža's everydaylife in Zagreb (from brith to death) in context of world history;
Editor of project: Bojan Mucko; Concept: Boris Bakal;
- „Kosovo and Albanian – Yougoslav relations“ (descriptions from materials from materials for Yougoslavian Enciclopedia edited by Miroslav Krleža), interview with Zef Mirdita, member of Kosovo editorial board of Yougoslavian Enciclopedia by Branimir Stojanović
- “Vojage to rusia”, presentation of future interanational cooproduction based on text by m. kleza and concept by Jovan Ćirilov ( produced by CZKD, Beograd)
• EXPLICIT CONTENTS (first part of trilogy "On togetherness")
May 20, 2011 @ 20 h – ,ZKM , Zagreb, Croatia
• ®EVOLUTION: MASTER CLASS (second part of trilogy "On togetherness")
May 21, 2011 @ 20:30 h - Theatre Atelje 212, Belgrade, Serbia
• MALE-FEMALE/ FEMALE-MALE (third part of trilogy "On togetherness")
May 30 and 31, 2011 @ 18:00 and 21:00 h - Theatre &TD, Zagreb, Croatia
1.®EVOLUCIJA: MASTER CLASS
Concept, direction, dramaturgy: Katarina Pejović i Boris Bakal
Co-authors/performers: Aleksandra Janković
Hristina Popović Mijin
Set design: Marija Jevtić i Boris Bakal
Costume design: Marija Jevtić
Music: Irena Popović
Movement: Tito de la Vuelta
Production: Atelje 212, Belgrade
Co-production with festival Perforacije (Zagreb) and with the support of the Culture Programme of the European Union.
Premiering September 14 at 20.30 in theatre Atelje 212, Belgrade (first re-runs Sept 15-17)
“The greatness of us as human beings lies not in our capacity to change the world but rather in our capacity for self-change. We have to become the change we want to see in the world.” (M. Gandhi)
®EVOLUTION:MASTER CLASS is a new phase in developing the methodology and work of Shadow Casters: Katarina Pejović and Boris Bakal.
As most of previous theatrical works of Shadow Casters, the performance establishes the direct contact with the audience transforming them discreetly from spectators into participants. Here the direct relation is developed further on as the performance is literaly made out of the interaction of performers and the audience: without the audience participating, it actually cannot exist.
®:MC explores through the perspectives of authors, performers and audience what kind of revolution today is imagined, what kind is desirable and what possible. Different themes that might be considered as crucial in today’s society are tackled (e.g. death, faith, relation to past, education, sex, parenthood, anxiety etc.) In this project, actors employ their performing skills in the service of the collective build-up of event in which they play multi-facetted roles: those of instructors, semantic, emotional and energetic generators and triggers, mediators and performers, continuously executing and transposing certain actions into the chain of events in which the audience is also included. Hence the distribution of work is carried out along with the common realisation of goal with the distribution of invested energy of intention and the establishment of joint responsibility for the result.
®:MC is the second part of new trilogy ON TOGETHERNESS by Shadow Casters planned to be realised throughout 2010 in cooperation with three theatre houses:
1. EXPLICIT CONTENTS – ZKM (Zagreb Youth Theatre)/ Zagreb
2. ®EVOLUTION: MASTER CLASS - Atelje 212/ Belgrade
3. MALE/FEMALE-FEMALE/MALE – Theatre &TD (Culture of Change)/Zagreb
“If we don't want to participate in the spectacle of the end of the world we will have to work towards the end of the world of the spectacle. The spectacle is where all the relations, the needs, the dreams, the wishes are turned into profitable commodity, into obligation, into blackmail...There life turns into a spectacle of real life and the world turns into an endless desert.” (Guy Deborde, “Society of Spectacle”, 1956)
In co-production with Festival Perforation (with support from EU).
•VACATION FROM HISTORY (process_city 01) @ PUF, International Theatre Festival Pula,
July 5th (18:30 & 22.30h)
•EX-POSITION (process_city 02),
28. / 29. 05. 2010. – International Festival “Chemnitz – Schonste Blume Des Ostens!”, Germany
13. / 15. 06. 2010.@ 20 h – ,ZKM , Zagreb, Croatia
Financial support / City Office for Education, Culture and Sports, Zagreb,
Ministry for Culture Republic of Croatia, National Foundation for Civil Society Development, Croatia
3. Shadow Casters are launching a new theatre project TRILOGY OF TOGETHERNESS, which is realised in the course of 2010 as a co-production of 3 theatres:
1. EXPLICIT CONTENTS – Zagreb Youth Theatre / Zagreb (June 13. 15, 2010)
2. ®EVOLUTION: MASTER CLASS – Atelje 212 / Belgrade (July 1, 2010)
3. MALE/ FEMALE-FEMALE/ MALE – Theatre &TD (Culture of Change) / Zagreb (November 18, 2010)
June 13. 15, 2010
Zagreb Youth Theatre
Author of concept: Bacaci Sjenki/ Shadow Casters
Directed by: Boris Bakal and Katarina Pejovic
Dramaturgs: Boris Bakal, Katarina Pejovic, Stanko Juzbasic
Authors and Performers: Boris Bakal, Lana Barić, Goran Bogdan, Lada Bonacci, Nikša Butijer, Stanko Juzbašić, Ivana Buljan Legatti, Edvin Liverić, Maro Martinović, Vili Matula, Katarina Pejović, Nadja Perišić Nola, Barbara Prpić Biffel, Urša Raukar, Vedran Živolić
Coproduction: Shadow casters and Zagreb Youth Theatre
The project was financially supported by City Office of Education, Culture and Sports and the Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Croatia.
Is it possible in just a few hours of sharing the joint space and time of a theatre event to evolve from a community of “courteous strangers” into a true community of people with all their differences yet united in the same passion? Is it possible to sing “La vie en rose” and “Paint it Black” together, creating a third song and a new colour?
Those and many other questions are dealt with in EXPLICIT CONTENTS, a theatrical journey during which everybody – performers and audience likewise – has a chance to choose their own roles and place in the community but all with the same goal: to create a “perfect performance”.
EXPLICIT CONTENTS is a politically correct performance (social event) that equally offends everybody and/or leaves them indifferent. In dealing with community, even the theatre one, this is the staging of an encounter with manifold consequences of which some may even be predicted.
The theatre community is the embodiment of convention; Shadow Casters investigate how far the audience is ready to go in fulfilling this convention and following its rules.
If you wish to attend the premiere, please contact Lana Klingor, PR Manager of ZKM, at email@example.com, or Shadow Casters at firstname.lastname@example.org and reserve your ticket by May 08.
PREMIERES OF FIRST RE-RUNS!
09 / 10. 05. 2010.@ 20 h – ,ZKM , Zagreb, Croatia
•PROCESS_IN_PROGRESS (process_city 03),
29. 04. 2010. @ 20h - Vukovar City Theatre, J. J. Strossmayera 20, p.p. 70, Croatia
01. 03. 2010.@ 20 h – ,ZKM , Zagreb, Croatia
5. Pathways to Reconciliation Summit: Human Security Through Community Engagement
Amman, Jordan, December 14th to 17th
The international organisation “Global reconciliation”, seated in Melbourne, Australia, has asked Shadow Casters to conceive and coordinate one of the six segments of this big international meeting – that of Arts & Culture. The summit will gather over 400 delegates from worldwide. Besides Arts & Culture, the summit participants will tackle the complex issue of reconciliation from the perspective of health care, sports & recreation, education, spirituality ad money and livelihood. Shadow Casters have invited 14 artists and other professionals from 12 countries to present their projects and ideas as well as to discuss about various aspects of artistic projects in reconciliation processes. The meeting is being held under the patronage of H.R.H. Princa Hassana
More at: http://www.global-cities.info/amman09
6. Pecha Kucha Night No. 4: Mosor Cinema, Zvonimirova 63
Thursday, December 10 at 8mp
Shadow Casters are invited to take part in the fourth edition of Pecha Kucha Night gathering of “intriguing creative people from various fields of activities.” What is going to happen in the 6 minutes and 40 seconds of visuals and performance by Katarina Pejovic and Boris Bakal – come and experience! Besides SC, the 4th PKN is going to feature Produkcija 004, BADco., Prostor Multiracionalnakompanija, Bruna Kazinoti, OPA, XYZ arhitektura, Damir Gamulin Gamba, Drugo more i Puma34.
Pecha Kucha Night was devised in Tokyo in February 2003 as an event for young designers to meet, network, and show their work in public. The presentation format was devised by Astrid Klein and Mark Dytham of Klein Dytham architecture.
It has turned into a massive celebration, with events happening in hundreds of cities around the world, inspiring creatives worldwide.
More at: pecha-kucha.org
7. Exhibition ART, ARCHITECTURE, DESIGN 09: WALL NEWSPAPERS OF THE PROJECT “RE-COLLECTING CITY/ RE-COLLECTING TIME”
Contemporary Art Gallery of Cultural Centre Pančevo, King Peter I Square 8
In the frame of the programme “Art, Architecture, Design 09”, Contemporary Art Gallery of Pančevo has invited Bacači Sjenki to present the exhibition of Wall Newspapers of the project RCRT, the basic communication and creative channel of this long-term project that inhabits the streets of Zagreb for already more than 3 years and intends continue its life through future editions.
The exhibition features a selection of all previous editions of Wall BNewspapers while the last two editions (No.4 and 5) are exhibited in their entirety. Besides the large papier-mâché reproductions of 7 displays that host Wall Newspapers, other RCRT materials are presented at the exhibitions.
The exhibition is open from December 8th to 12th.
8.Performances on Desiré Central Station 2009 - West in Subotica, November 21. to 29.2009.
VACATION FROM HISTORY
November 27, at 6pm
November 28, from 12 to 18h
9.Performances on 5th Croatian theatre SHOWCASE,
November 5 – 9, 2009.
VACATION FROM HISTORY
November 7, at 11 pm
Cinema Mosor, Zvonimirova street 63
November 8, from 12 to 18h
Elementary School Ivan Merz, Račkoga 6
10.**Performances on 43. BITEF in Belgrade, September 15 to 30, 2009. ***
VACATION FROM HISTORY
September 20, at 5pm and 11 pm
September 21, at 5pm and 11 pm
- Cvijeta Zuzorić Pavilion, Kalemegdan
Reservations and tickets:
Irena Prvulovic, email@example.com
+381 11 32 45 241, +381 11 32 36 234
Cell phone: +3 81 64 899 24 26
11. Perforations – week of live art
Dubrovnik, September 25 – 27, 2009 & Zagreb, September 28 – 30, 2009
VACATION FROM HISTORY
September 29, 2009 in Zagreb,
Cinema Mosor, Zvonimirova street 63
Reservations and tickets:
for producers, festival and cultural operators HERE
+385 (0)1 464 02 62
12. SERBIAN FAUST: INSTEAD OF THE PERFORMANCE - contextualised debate about possible reading of the context of Tanje Simić-Berclazs' play "Serbian Faust and other quotations (scratch drama)".
Centar for cultural decontamination, Pavillion Veljković, Birčaninova str. 21, Beograd, June 20. at 6 pm
13.**PERFORMANCE STUDIES INTERNATIONAL (PSI#15) - ZAGREB**
Within the Performance Studies International (PSI#15) conference held in Zagreb, 24 - 28 June 2009, the whole trilogy "Process_citty" will be presented to international audience.
VACATION FROM HISTORY, (in English)
Music Academy Zagreb, Frankopanska street 22, Zagreb
June, 25, at 20h and at 0.30h (after midnight)
EXPOZICIJA (in English, but also in French, Italian, Slovenian and Croatian)
School "Dr. Ivan Merz", Račkoga street 23, Zagreb
June, 26 from 13 to 19h
June, 27 from 12 to 18h
PROCESS_IN_PROGRESS (with English subtitles)
Zagreb Cultural Centre, Savska str. 25., Zagreb
June, 28 at 20h
Reservations and info for all performances at SHADOW CASTERS: +385 1 464 02 62, from 10 to 13h or +385 98 165 81 86 (from 10 to 18h)
(by mail firstname.lastname@example.org).